Guys, I don’t think I ever mentioned this, but I'm working in a mental health hospital in South London, and honestly, it changed everything for me, both professionally and personally. I finally started running 1:1 sessions and also group sessions with carers of people going through mental health stuff
My first session felt like a proper moment. For the first time I wasn’t the patient, I was the one holding the space. I kept thinking about all the therapists I’ve had, the good ones and the not so great ones, and I realised how much my own mental health journey and therapy process helped me connect and build a genuine bond with my carers.
And of course, my first case couldn’t be simple it was actually one of the most complex ones I’ve had, even looking back now after a year. But during the review, the carer and I could see how much had changed. And honestly, even without the formal assessment, you could just see it in her face
What I find really interesting is that most psychological interventions here in England are CBT-based. In my field, early intervention in psychosis, it’s all about CBTp. And funny enough, CBT never really made much sense to me personally, the only thing that ever truly helped me was psychoanalysis. So seeing so many people actually benefiting from CBTp has been kind of amazing, not gonna lie
![]() |
| bymaira |

Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário